home about etsy advertising parties awards

Monday, February 27, 2012

More on the 3rd Birthday Party

I shared with ya'll how I was having mixed emotions about my baby turning 3.

And then I gave you a little teaser about the party and let ya'll know I survived without any major meltdowns.

Today, I wanted to share a lil about his special day.
I made color block jello which was probably the easiest thing ever.
Note to self, must make again.
(disclaimer: I am not a Jello eater. The texture makes me gag)

First I made one color of jello, poured them into cups and let them set over night.
The next day I went back, made a second color and let it cool and then poured it right over the first color.
Done.


I also made my candy dipped pretzles that are always a hit.


They are super easy to make and the kids and adults like it.


Also for favors and treats I baked two different colors of cupcakes, orange and blue.
I put the orange one first into a plastic cup, with orange colored frosting and then a blue cupcake on top with blue frosting.
Then I put a lid on the cup, we tied a spoon with a bow and a little thank you on it as well.


I made veggie cups, again so easy and convenient to people to take.
I'm so doing this from now on!


Other lil goodies for the kids were rolls of M&M's
(left over from the winter wonderland party and totally perfect!)
And lil snack baggies filled with goldfish.

And then as Im uploading all these photos I realized I didnt have any pictures of the cute lil goldfish I had all over the garage and the blue and orange happy birthday pennant banner I had made either!
Ugh... total blogger fail!



All that maters is my lil 3 year old had a fab time with his friends. And hopefully there's always next year!





5 comments:

Jessica said...

Looks like fun! Sucks about the pictures but you're right, there's always next year's party.

Helene said...

I love all the blue and orange color coordination!

I also like the idea of putting all the foods in individual cups. I'm in the planning stages for Garrett and Landon's b-day party in a couple weeks and the idea of kids sticking their hands all over the veggie tray or rude adults who double dip has me all freaked out so the individual cup idea is brilliant to me!!

Simply Tasheena said...

WOW! You did an amazing job. I would love for you to Link up at my Linky party via: www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com


PS: I am your newest Linky Follower!

Mrs. Delightful
www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

Meaningful Mama said...

Really cute, unique idea. Thanks for sharing.

Carla at Preschool Powol Packets said...

Looks like fun! I want to go make some of those pretzel sticks right now!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails